This course will teach you everything you need to know in order to pass your BTEC Level 3 Computing exam for Unit 1 Principles of Computer Science.
What you can expect from this course:
- Tutorials covering each topic as defined by the course specification
- Summary presentations going over key concepts
- Interactive quizzes to support learning, assess progress & prepare for your test
Unit 1 Principles of Computer Science
The BTEC Level 3 Computing unit 1 Principles of Computer Science course on KnowItAll Ninja is an excellent revision tool for preparing for your onscreen tests.
Our course covers the entirety of the Principles of Computer Science unit making use of a variety of high-quality multi-media resources and gamified e-learning techniques, such as:
- Tutorials containing text, image and presentations for every topic for BTEC Level 3 Computing unit 1.
- Interactive quizzes to give fast feedback on your understanding and progress.
- Achievement awards, experience points, levelling and leaderboards to motivate progress.
Unit 1 Principles of Computer Science Specification
Our Unit 1 Principles of Computer Science course covers all learning outcomes from the specification. This means KnowItAll Ninja covers every topic that might come up in your BTEC Computing Level 3 exams. These learning outcomes are:
- Computational thinking
- Pattern Recognition
- Pattern generalisation and abstraction
- Algorithm design
- Standard methods and techniques used to develop algorithms
- Structured english (pseudocode)
- Flowcharts using standard symbols
- Programming paradigms
- Handling data within a program
- Arithmetic operations
- Built-in functions
- Validating data
- Control structures
- Data structures
- Common/standard algorithms
- Types of programming and markup languages
- Procedural programming
- Object-oriented programming
- Event-driven programming
- Coding for the web
Through the 44 lessons, you’ll learn all you need to pass the exams and each lesson has its own interactive quiz to help practice and check what you have learnt.
That means you can go into your BTEC Computing unit 1 Principles of Computer Science exam with complete confidence in your subject knowledge and can maximise your success in the subject.