This course will teach you everything you need to know in order to pass your BTEC Level 3 Computing exam for Unit 2 Fundamentals of Computer Systems.
What you can expect from this course:
- Tutorials covering each topic as defined by the course specification
- Summary presentations going over key concepts
- Interactive quizzes to support learning, assess progress & prepare for your test
Unit 2 Fundamentals of Computer Systems
The BTEC Level 3 Computing unit 2 Fundamentals of Computer Systems course on KnowItAll Ninja is an excellent revision tool for preparing for your examinations.
Our course covers the entirety of the Fundamentals of Computer Systems unit making use of a variety of high-quality multi-media resources and gamified e-learning techniques, such as:
- Tutorials containing text, image and presentations for every topic for BTEC Level 3 Computing unit 2.
- Interactive quizzes to give fast feedback on your understanding and progress.
- Achievement awards, experience points, levelling and leaderboards to motivate progress.
Unit 2 Fundamentals of Computer Systems Specification
Our Unit 2 Fundamentals of Computer Systems course covers all learning outcomes from the specification. This means KnowItAll Ninja covers every topic that might come up in your BTEC Computing Level 3 Unit 2 exam. These learning outcomes are:
- Hardware and software
- Computer hardware in a computer system
- Computer software in a computer system
- Data processing
- Computer architecture
- Approaches to computer architecture
- The concepts of microarchitecture
- Registers and register handling
- How data is represented by computer systems
- Number systems
- Text representation
- Image representation
- How data is organised on computer systems
- Data structures
- Indices and matrices
- How data is transmitted by computer systems
- Transmitting data
- Error detection
- Error correction
- The use of logic and data flow in computer systems
- Boolean logic
- Flow charts and system diagrams
Through the 38 lessons, you’ll learn all you need to pass the exams and each lesson has its own interactive quiz to help practice and check what you have learnt.
That means you can go into your BTEC Computing unit 2 Fundamentals of Computer Systems exam with complete confidence in your subject knowledge and can maximise your success in the subject.